3.09.2009

LOVE my Neti Pot!!!!!!!
















Okay, so, I purchased a neti pot about two weeks ago because I've been suffering from a MAJOR case of sinusitis. For those of you who don't know what a neti pot is, look above. You fill it with lukewarm water and a saline solution which you pour into one nostril while your head is upside down and sideways so it flows through the sinuses and out the other nostril. Great image, right? Well, I was totally a chicken about doing it until last night when I was miserable enough that I was considering shoving a vacuum accessory up my nose and cranking it on high.


With much trepidation I filled the pot and stirred in the solution. First go 'round......not so hot. I apparently wasn't leaning my head forward enough and all the solution and....well....nasal secretions....started pouring down my throat. GAG! I may have been a bit over dramatic in my reaction (I know that's hard to believe). Adam came racing into the kitchen. I thought, "Oh, how sweet, he's concerned." Not so. He just wanted to see if I was okay enough that he could laugh at me. Such is life after 8 1/2 years of marriage I suppose. I'm sure I would have done the same thing had the neti been in the other nose.


By the time I got to my second nostril I was a neti pro. One minute later I was breathing freely and swearing by the effectiveness of that little magic pot. Thanks to that little genie in a bottle I can make it through this bout of sinusitis breathing like a bird.

0 comments: